Happy New Year!!!
We are as excited as you are and can’t wait to see what 2018 has in store for us. We at THE AFRO READER community are looking forward to reading Akwaeke Emezi’s FRESH WATER!
These are the books we read in 2017 as a team :
1) Stay With Me by Ayobami Adebayo
2) Dear Ijawele or a Feminist Manifesto in Fifteen Suggestions by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
3) Under the Udala Tree by Chinelo Okparanta
4) Night Dancer by Chika Unigwe
5) I am Judging you by Luvvie Ajayi
6) Authentic Mama by Louisa Ibhaze
7) The Chibok Girls by Helon Habila
8) Ise by Ucheoma Onwutuebe
9) Brave by Kamnelechukwu Susan Obi
10) In Dependence by Sarah Ladipo Mayinka
11) Bone by Yrsa Daley Ward
In 2018, quoting Wale Lawal :
We are reading more books, starting bookclubs, supporting local bookstores and writers. We are taking fiction seriously and living more meaningful lives by encouraging more people to read. – Wale Lawal
What are your personal bookish resolutions for The New Year?
Share with Us!
Happy New Year!
The Afro Reader Team!